Saturday, August 25, 2012

Last quarter of a century1

Well today starts the last quarter o a century for me. It is hard for me to think that I am now 76 Years old. I never thought I would see the day. Almost didn't a couple of times  - Doctor at the time told me I was too ornery to let go..  :)  I guess I am like my Grandfather Thomas, Both of my Doctors told me to use a cane to study myself when walking. As My grandfather said  "I am not old enough to use a can.). It is hard for me to ask other people to do something for me. Even if it is just helping me get my groceries to the car.

I have done many things in my life that I have wanted to and  Happy with what I have done. I have met many many friends all over the United States and Canada via my Department 56 village collection. I have stayed in their homes. Several of us, use to meet a couple times a year at what was called Gatherings. These were mini conventions put on by many Collector clubs All over the United States.We also had a chat group on AOL for several years. The women of this group, contacted Kim,  and organized an online  Nana Shower when we got my  granddaghter.  Lakin invited me out to eat that evening and kept delaying my leaving. Finally Kim said "I know you are wanting to get to the chat, so go ahead." It took me a little bit to get into the chat thru there server but I did and when I signed in  all these ladies typed in suprise!!  We chated a bit about Savannah and they told me to turn around and look behind me.  There was a wall of  baby shower gifts. Some small, some home made and some large and expensive. They were all items that were suppose to go to my house for Savannah's use there.Some did and some didn't. Yes many tears were shed.  Most of these women have kept in touch. We have lost  a couple of them and a couple of their husbands. If you see on Facebook someone calls me Rosie, that is one of this group both male and female.. We now keep up with all our children and grandkids and some greatgrandkids.  I have spent hours on line and on the phone with these friends to give comfort during many illnesses and deaths.

 Never thought I would have any grandchildren - have 2 wonderful sweet loving grandchildren. They are my life now. I would love to take them to Disney, but know at this time that is a no no with  my heart problems. So I will go to the zoo with them soon. Was to be today they were taking me to the zoo for my birthday(electric carts available now).  But that ole vomiting bug took both kids down.. We will go another day.

Yes I am really Rambling tonight but am putting this down mostly for my family. I need to put many stories in here for my grandkids to read at a later date. But I just keep thinking I have a lot of years ahead of me to do it. Now not so sure so plan to start doing some memories.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this and look forward to reading many more! You are a remarkable lady... So glad to know you!!

    ReplyDelete