Thursday, April 19, 2012

Monday 4/16 Not my day


OK What went on the last couple of days??? Had a 6 mo check up with the cardio doctor Monday at 9:15. Didn't feel great, kinda tired. Well the nurse took my BP and pulse. OOPS Pulse of 170 is not good esp when it was irrigular. BP 100/ extra low NOT good. Did an ekg. Doctor Abu came into the room and said I was in atrial Fibrillation. Wanted me to go into the hospital that afternoon. To have an esophageal sono...grapy of my heart and probably a Cardioversion. Just had to be at the hospital sometime early afternoon. I came home, Called Lakin, he came to my house, by then I had packed jamies and Robe. and any other things I concidered necessary.

Was admitted by 2pm. While waiting for my chariot to the room, I read the orders. Kinda brings you up short when it starts off with: "Full Code". Means that if something happened they were to ressuitate me. All kinds of different meds, and orders for the Cardioversion on Wed morning.

Lakin, after I was admitted, went to pick up the kids at school. Then brought them to see that I was OK. They loved the large window and being high, 7th floor.  Savannah stood in the window looking out. could see so far. Looked down, stated she felt nauseous. Christopher, who was beside her, stated he didn't feel nauseous but he could see the whole world. Then he pointed out he could see Chucky Cheese.. he could see the mall!
 
Savannah, who I share the love of Cuties(tangerines) with brought me a Cutie so I would have a snack. Lots of hugs and kisses.
 
Christopher layed down beside me. He wanted to tell me a secret. But Savannah and Daddy was in the room so he couldn't tell me his secret. As they were about to leave, I had taken a drink of water, Christopher had given me a kiss - wiped his mouth and in a very discussed way said "you game me your juices".

When Lakin took them home, Kim got home and Lakin picked up Hal Tennent to come to the hospital and to give me a blessing. What a great thing!!

The gal that works with Dr Abu  came in my room at 7:30 Wednesday morning and told me my heart beat had settled and was back to normal. The doctor said later that it was the meds, one dose. mmmmm What a great Blessing, it worked again!!

Came home just in time for Lakin to go get the kids at school. Now to rest til the stress test on monday - see how that goes and hopefully the Afib attack didnt do any damage to the 40% blocked artery.
As Christopher said as he left today "Nana, you be good and don't do anything to make your heart go fast"
 
Well it is thursday and I slept 12 hours last night and napped off and on all day. Has been a lost day. All I did was call Express Scripts and try to get my meds straightened out for the 3rd time. Tired of getting meds that I had cancelled and having to send them back. They said they would need new perscriptions to replace the ones I cancelled.  NO WAY!  Then they got upset. Told them I didn't need another 3 month supply of a med I couldn't take. I would have the meds filled locally, 30 day supply, to see how I react to them. Of course they know more about what meds I need than my Doctor. (tongue in cheek)...  They had changed one of my meds to a 'cheaper' one, the cardiologist pointed to that medicine as possible cause of the A Fib.
 
Well I do feel a lot better right now.  So hopefully will feel like doing something tomorrow instead of sleeping all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment