Friday, March 9, 2012

Who am I?

I thought I had already posted my first post on MY blog. But I guess it is in cyberspace.

Several people have ask 'where my blog is hiding'. What will be included in this Rambling? To start with, I retired September 30, 2001 after 40 years of Nursing mostly in the operating room. I worked with some great gals and guys in several hospitals. BUT I do not miss working. I ofter wonder how I had time to work, I am soooo busy in retirement.

I have made friends and traveled to many states. I collect Department 59 villages, mostly North Pole but a few others sneak into the mix. 4 & 5 levels of North Pole buildings cover 2 sides of a bedroom. There is 2 & 3 levels on the 3rd wall. The Barbie buildings and the Lemax Nutcracker complete Savannah's area. Christopher has 2 Nascar buildings, he keeps exchanging the cars & trucks in front of the buildings with some of his Hot Wheels and 'Cars'. There is 4 Mickey Mouse buildings in that area also. Mickey and Minnie go to visit the North Pole elves and the elves migrate to see Mickey. I never know what I will find in the village. There is no train track in any of the village but "Thomas" and a couple train cars seem to visit Santa and the elves have to ride on Thomas the train. Some days Christopher will go in and turn on some of the light in the buildings. Especially he turns on the Nutcracker to watch them dance "like sister dances" and he loves to hear the music. There are times that he stands and watches and listens to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment