Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ME?

Me

What have I been doing?  I mainly watch the grandkids - taking them to school and picking them up. Keeping them when needed. This way Kim and Lakin did not have to worry about where they are and could concentrate on work and school. Most of the time I have loved having them here. But as with all kids there are days LOL.

Last May I saw a poster about being a stay at home Church Service Missionary. I made a call to Salt Lake City a couple of days later. Talked to the Elder in charge of the program. By the time I hung up, I was scheduled to start classes July 5th.. For 2 months we had a couple hours of class 5 days a week.  This didn’t count all the hours I spent going over the information to learn all or where to look for the answers.  At my age I had to spend extra time studying. The end of August we were answering phones with our mentors helping with the answers we needed for 3 weeks..   We are to spend at least 15 hours a week answering phones.  The calls are an 866 number that are then forwarded to the Family History Center Support queue i.e.  to one of the missionaries...

Then we got an extra assignment – contact Family History Centers who needed to send in a form to receive new computers.  A while after that we started getting overflow calls from the Online Film Ordering queue. Which added to my stress, it is a whole different area. I am to the point I can answer simple questions but NOT the complicated ones.

New printers were sent out to some of the Family History Centers so the calls started again.  “Did you send in the form about the ink?”

I work my hours between the time I took the gkids to school and when I picked them up for 3 days. On Wednesday I do the evening shift because the person who did that time had finished her missionary time. Take and pickup gkids as usual..  Makes for a busy days..  Seems like this mission takes over my life.  I am finished July5th.. It is interesting and meet lots of people from all over the world. If they speak English we get them. It can be rewarding but sometimes very stressful.

Every once in a while I have to take a break. I get so tired and stressed. The stress is not good since I had a stent put in the ascending blood vessel on the heart last September. So I have to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. I know I have said this before, but Lakin and Kim are so blessed with you! Our kids have three grandma's, and together they don't add up to what do for your grandkids. I look forward to being a grandma like you someday - and do church service, too!! Ü

    ReplyDelete