Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pool time

Savannah & Christooopher came in the door just after 7 this morning with swim suits in hand. " Is the pool up?"  It was 68 degrees. The pool was up and filling by 9am. I kept them out of the water til it ways in the mid 70s. Had a few he splashed me - she splashed me times. Savannah was like a little fish with face in the water and 'swimming' from one end of the pool to the other (all 120 inches) Christopher would not get his hair wet or face in the water. He finally went into the house and layed down on the couch for a while. His tummy hurt. 
After lunch it was swim time again. Savannah would run, jump over the 3 inflated rings(cleared the pool side by a foot most of the time) then cannonballed into the water.. Christopher would run up to the pool, put his hands on the top ring and propelled his body over, into the pool.( he as feeling better) they played and jumped into the pool, shot each other with water tube guns. Had a general good time except when arguing about who bumped who and who splashed who first. Told them if it kept up, one would be in the pool for an hour, then the other would be in by themself for an hour.Neither wanted that so they settled. Christopher finally got 'cold' and off with the bathing suit and wrapped in a towel , covered with a blanket, layed on the couch for a while. Savannah played in the water for about 15 minutes then came in to help brother warm up. By then it was windy and getting cooler. so end of the day of swimming. 
I then captured both of them and had them pushing boxes around in the garage. I think 3/4 of the boxes are garage sale items. Lots of Christmas stuff. Left over stuff from when I was doing embroidering. Yesterday Christoopher opened a bin and found a Easter Thomas I had hid and couldn't find when needed. Then I opened a box that had the net portion of my Jr prom dress. It was red and white net with lots of ruffles.and red bows scattered over the skirt.  It was strapless Which Savannah was upset about. She wanted to take it home but it is over 50 years old. She didn't think I had made the dress.
OH we also found daddy's indian costume and his chef costume from his two years of dance. Also found the Bee costume that I made for him like one of Captain Kangeroo had on his program (I think) Also my mothers wedding dress and my wedding dress - plain white wool jersey dress.  My Mother's dress was pink taffata. also found a dress that belonged to my grandmother, who died in the early 1900s.  Also my brother who died  of crib death, found his blue silk booties.  It was a walk down memory lane.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so neat you have all those heirlooms! Sounds like a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete