Thursday, September 27, 2012

Grandkids

 Christopher is at it again,  He was here wed evening for a couple of hours. He was sneezing and coughing once in a while. I ask if he had a cold.he told me no, then proceded to tell me that he was not cold. I explained  about a cold. He then walked to me rubbing his arms. "Nana, I can't have a cold when my arms are hot." discussed a 'cold'. He told his dad later that he had a cold even if my arms are hot. Nana told him that.
Christopher informed me he needed another of the new Thomas  movie. I said he had one at home and didn't need a second one.  "But Nana you need the movie at your house so you can watch it with me when I come to your house".  He  has an answer to everything

As you know when I get one something  I get some thing  for the other.  Well last week Christopher got his new Thomas movie. Savannah and I discused what she would get.   We talked about toys, naaaa, movie same reaction  How about a new dress  for church.She liked that Idea. So her mom, Savannah and I went shopping today. She is no longer in the little girls section for size. She and Kim picked out several  dresses to try on. She had to model them for me. One dress a beautiful blue looked good on her  BUT by the end of  October it would not fit. She said it was too tight and not very modest. Had 4 more dresses.to try  on the one she really liked did not have her size.  They looked some more, found a long brown skirt with contrasting blouse and a brown long scarf. Oh how she modeled that one, flipping the skirt as she walked.  Mommie got  her  a 2nd blouse to go  with it. As I said  she  is in the 8 to 14 sizes, sticker shock. cost as much or more than mine. But she loved them that is what counts.

Kim Bogart Rosier posted this on Facebook.
Christopher took his first "Accelerated Reading" test yesterday on a library book he chose. (They are not slated to start that program until 1st grade and we aren't even to the first grading period in Kindergarten. And he's reading well into 1st grade level books) He got a 100% on it. This is not where we had read the book to him and he just remembered the content HE is reading the books and understanding what he reads!!!




1 comment:

  1. Yes... they are growing fast! Every time I get to see them they are older looking. Christopher's stories are so funny... He is a smart kid for sure!

    ReplyDelete